Spinach One bunch(washed and cut or tiered into big pieces)
Toor Dal 1 cup
Tomato 1 medium sized
Onion 1 medium sized
Green chillies 7 or 8
Turmeric 1/2 Teaspoon
Tamarind Lime size (Soak in water)
Water 1 Glass
Oil or ghee 1 teaspoon
Cumin 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Minced garlic 1 teaspoon
Chana dal 1 teaspoon
Urad dal 1 teaspoon
Few pieces of curry leaves
Dried red chilli pieces
- Add all the above ingredients and pressure cook it.
- Then add 1 tsp of salt and with a whisk or a wood masher make a paste of spinach dal.
- In a saucepan, add one tsp of oil or ghee and lightly fry the minced garlic, urad dal, chana dal, cumin and mustard seeds, red chilli pieces and curry leaves.
- Add the spinach dal to the saucepan and combine them together.
- Serve the dal with rice or with chapati/roti.