Toor dal 2 Tablespoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Jeeragam 1 Teaspoon
Dry Red Chili 4
Small onions 10 to 12
Crushed Ginger 1 Tablespoon
Coriander (Dhania) Powder 1.5 Teaspoon
Chili Powder 1/2 Teaspoon
Turmeric powder a pinch
Curry leave a bunch
Crushed Garlic pods 10 to 12
Garlic pods 10 ( Fry it in oil and leave it aside)
Tamarind a lemon size
Mustard 1/4 Teaspoon
Gingerlly Oil or nalla ennai
- Add oil to the kadai and add mustard when it splits add toor dal, dry red chili, jeera and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add chopped small onions, crushed gingers, coriander(dhaniya) powder, chili powder , turmeric powder and curry leaves fry for 1 minute.
- Add crushed garlic, salt and tamarind pulp and boil it till raw smell goes.
- When oil separates add the fried garlic and switch off the stove.
- Finally add 1/2 Teaspoon of ghee to kara kulambu it gives good taste.