Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of folic acid. Broccoli contains some 3% of protein and is one of the richest vegetable sources of calcium, iron and magnesium.It is also very rich in vitamins A and vitamins C.
Please do not let the smell of the sulfur compounds that are released while cooking keep you away from this highly nutritious vegetable.
Cauliflower 1 Cup
Broccoli 1 Cup
Big onion 1
Chili powder 1 Teaspoon
Corainder(Dhaniya) powder 1/2 Teaspoon
Garam masala 1/2 Teaspoon
Jeera(Cummin) seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
Ginger n garlic paste 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and wash it.
- Add hot water to the pan containing broccoli and cauliflower ( add 1 tablespoon of lemon to prevent cauliflower discoloration).
- Leave it for 10 minutes and drain the water.
- Add oil to the pan then add jeeera seeds.
- Add chopped onions and fry till it becomes golden brown colour.
- Add tomato and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala and fry for 1 minute.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and mix well.
- Cool it for 5 to 10 minutes and switch off the stove.