Raw Rice 1 Cup
Moong dhal 1/2 Cup
Water 3 cup
Cashew nut 10
Curry leaves little
Whole pepper 1 Tablespoon
Jeera (Cummin) seeds 1/2 Tablespoon
Ginger 1 inch
Ghee 3 Tablespoon
Dry Red Chili 4
- Add little ghee to a kadai and fry the moon dhal for few minutes and leave it aside.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pressure cooker.
- Add curry leaves, whole pepper, jeera seeds and dry red chili and fry for 1 minutes.
- Add finely chopped ginger and cashew nut and fry for a while.
- Add the fried moong dal and raw rice and fry for few second.
- Add salt and water close the pressure cooker and leave for 4 whistle.
- When pressure is released open the cooker and mix well.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
- Goes well with Medu Vada.