Mutton 1/2 kg
Basmati Rice 1/2 kg ( 2 and a 1/2 Cup)
Medium size onion 5
Green Chilli 2
Turmeric powder 1 Tsp
Chilli Powder 1 Tblsp
Salt for taste
Cinnamon Bark 2
Coconut milk 5 cup
Bay Leaves 2
Ghee 2 Tblsp
Oil 2 Tblsp
- First pressure cook mutton with little water, turmeric powder,chilli powder and salt.
- Add little oil to pan and add the cooked mutton and pan fry the mutton.
- Keep it aside.
- Add oil and ghee and add finely chopped onion and slit green chilli and fry till onion turns golden brown colour.
- Remove the onions and keep it aside.
- In the remaining oil and ghee add all the spices.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt, boil the coconut milk.
- Add rice and boil for minutes.
- Add the fried onions and mutton.
- Mix well and close the cooker and sim for 15 mins.
- Serve yummy mutton biryani with salad or spicy mutton varuval.