Raw Rice (Pacha rice)2 cups
Cooked white rice 1/2 cup
Grated tender coconut 1 cup
Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
Dosa batter 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- Soak raw rice for about two hours.
- Grind cooked rice, tender coconut, soaked raw rice and sufficient water, grind to a soft batter.
- Batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Add dosa batter and mix well.
- Ferment over night in a warm place.
- The next morning add baking powder and salt to taste.
- Heat the appam kadai.
- Pour a spoon of batter to the kadai and spread the batter in the kadai.
- Close the kadai with lid and cook appam.