Pacha Arisi (Raw Rice) 1 Cup
Urid dal 1/4 Cup
Grated Coconut 1/2 Cup
Butter 1 Tablespoon
Jeeragam 1 Teaspoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Salt (Dissolve in water)
Oil to fry
- Soak the pacha arisi in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Dry the pacha arisi by spreading it in newspaper.
- When the pacha arisi is dried and powder the pacha arisi.
- Sieve the powdered pacha arisi.
- Fry the urid dal in a kadai and cool it and powder it.
- Sieve the powdered urid dal.
- Add grated coconut, salt water, jeeragam, asafoetida and butter, make a firm dough.
- Make small balls and place it in cloth and allow it to dry for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the seedai till they turn brown and crispy in medium heat.
- Do not fry the seedai for a long time, it will be burnt.
- Remove the seedai from the pan and place it in paper to remove excess oil.
- Store it in a airtight container.