Toor Dhal 1 Cup
Small Onion (Shallots) 2 to 3
Garlic pods 2
Green Chili 2 or 3
Tomato 2 Small
Jeera powder 1/2 Teaspoon
Asafoetida 1/4 Teaspoon
Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
Dry Red chili 3
Cummin seeds 1/4 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves a bunch
- Wash the dhal and take it in cooker.
- Addd chopped onions, tomato, slitted green chili and crushed garlic pods.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and jeera powder.
- Add lttle water and pressure cook the dhal.
- Add salt and little water boil it for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds.
- When it splits add jeera seeds, curry leaves and dry chili.
- Add this to the dhal curry and mix well.