Sugar 1 and 1/4 Cup
Maida or Self Raising flour 1 and 1/2 Cup
Unsalted Butter 1 Cup
Baking powder 1 Teaspoon
Vanilla Essence 1 Teaspoon
- Sieve maida and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Beat sugar and butter into a smooth batter using a hand mixer or blender.
- Add egg one by one and beat well.
- Add the sieved powder to batter ( 1 tablespoon at a time) and mix well.
- Finally add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Grease the baking pan with butter.
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter to the baking pan.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes - If a knife is inserted into the cake, it should come out clean then the cake is done.