Pacha Arisi (Raw Rice) 1 Cup
Urid dal 1/4 Cup
Butter 1 Tablespoon
Jeeragam 1 Teaspoon
Salt (Dissolve in water)
Oil to fry
- Soak the pacha arisi in water for 5 to 6 hours.
- Dry the pacha arisi by spreading it in newspaper.
- When the pacha arisi is dried and powder the pacha arisi.
- Sieve the powdered pacha arisi.
- Fry the urid dal in a kadai and cool it and powder it.
- Sieve the powdered urid dal.
- Add jeeragam to the sieved powder.
- Sprinkle the dissolved salt water to the sieved powder and add butter to make a firm dough.
- Grease the murukku mould and fill it with required amount of dough into the mould.
- Press it to round or any other shape into the hot oil directly.
- Fry it before it turns dark brown colour and turn side to cook it.
- Place the fried murukku in paper to remove excess oil.
- Cool it and store it in airtight container.