Curd rice is one of the most popular finishing course in South India. There are lots of recipe around. But I found the following simple and tasty....... Believe me u will become fan of this curd rice once u taste it.
Rice 2 Cups
Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
Urid Dhal 1 Teaspoon
Channa Dhal 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves a handful
Green Chili 2 or 3
Ginger 1 Inch
Curd 3 to 4 Cups
Milk 1 Cup
Carrot grated 1/4 Cup (Optional)
- Add ginger, green chili's and curry leaves to mixcy and grind coarsely.
- Cook rice with salt(rice should be soft).
- Add milk and curd to rice and mix well.
- Add more curd and salt if needed.
- Add oil to kadai and add mustard, when it slits add urid dhal and channa dhal.
- Add the coarsely grinded paste to the kadai and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add this to curd rice and mix well.
- Garnish with grated carrot and coriander leaves.