Large Lime 6
Salt 4 Teaspoon(As needed)
Chili Powder 4 Teaspoon
Asafoetida 1/2 Teaspoon
Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
Fenugrek (Vendhayam) 1/4 Teaspoon
Gingelly oil or Sesame oil 8 Tablespoon
- Cut the lime into medium pieces (all of same size).
- Mix the lime with chili powder, asafoetida and salt.
- Leave it in a airtight jar overnight.
- Next day add sesame oil 5 tablespoon and mix well and leave it aside for a day.
- Next day add 3 tablespoon of sesame oil to kadai.
- Add mustard when it splits add fenugrek and a pinch of asafoetida.
- Add the lime to the kadai and mix well.