Small onions 6
Turmeric powder 1/2 Teaspoon
Tamarind a small ball
Mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
Methi seeds (Fenugrek or Vendhayam) 1/4 Teaspoon
Chili powder 1.5 Teaspoon
Dhania (Coriander) Powder 1.5 Teaspoon
Brinjal (baby aubergine) 4
Curry leaves little
- In a pressure cooker add oil when its hot add mustard.
- When mustard splits add methi seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped small onions and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the slitted brinjal and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped brinjals and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and fry for few seconds.
- Add the tamarind paste.
- Add salt and close the cooker and leave 2 whistle.
- Kathrikkai Kara Kulambu is ready.