Raw Rice 1 cup
Moong dal 1/4 cup
Powdered Jaggery 1 and 1/4 cup
Cardamom powdered 4
Ghee 10 teaspoon
- Add little ghee to a kadai and add moong dal fry for 2 minutes and leave it a side.
- Add the rice and dal to pressure cooker and add 3 cup of water and pressure cook it (leave 3 to 4 whistle).
- Add jaggery in half cup of water and keep in sim till it dissolves completely.
- Filter the jaggery.
- Open the cooker and mix well and add the jaggery and mix well and keep the stove in low flame.
- Heat ghee and fry cashewnuts and raisins and add to pongal along with cardamom powder.